Creative arts using paper and scissor, is a handicrafts that can easily surprise people. With these simple tools that anyone can create these types of greeting cards, wall calendars and fancy gift packages which will be received with delight. Simplicity, concentration and creativity – that’s all the elements needed to turn the flimsy sheet of paper into a work of art called “paper cut”.
Here are some basic guidelines if you want to try our best to create a work of paper cut.
- Paper, special knives, scissors, glue and rulers are the basic tools you need to prepare. You can easily buy the special knife and other stuff used to cut paper at the art shop.
- Choose a pattern that you enjoy and can afford to finish.
- Printing, a good print often has contrasting color like black and white or red and white, or the borders. But how using contrasting colors will be better because obviously can realize the removed part and kept part.
- After getting a good print, put it on a cutting mat to perform cutting on it. Use the knife is specially used to cut paper to remove the paper area was marked by a contrasting color.
In addition to these above basic steps, you still must be careful and patience if you want to achieve success. Let’s take a look at the fruits of a professional paper-cutting artist. Today, lava360 will show you the paper cut works of a American artist named Maude White. Maude White is a papercutting artist living in the Hudson Valley. She loves the great strength, yet delicacy of paper. Her work is done on the macro as well as the micro level. Every cut is exact and meaningful. She enjoys playing with positive and negative space to create fantastic scenes and stories. She considers herself an artist and a craftsperson and has a deep respect for the paper she transforms.
2. The girl and the dragon
3. An eagle
4. The girl’s hair
5. A flower
6. A seahorse
7. The boat on the sea
8. An eagle with colored paper
9. The girl and a goose
10. A feather
11. A hummingbird
12. An owl
13. And a lot more amazing paper cut works