Photography by drone is becoming increasingly popular not only by usability but also because of the shimmering, monumental photographs. Several years ago, when you want to take a aerial photography, the only way you can do it is to sit on a helicopter and fly to the location where you want to capture. This extremely expensive and image quality is not really good. However, after the idea to take pictures with drones was born, there are a lot of beautiful aerial shots with excellent quality are taken only by the amateur photographers. That shows, aerial photography has become so much easier with the help of drones.
However, the cost of a drone is still quite high compared to the income of many amateur photographers, so if you intend to take an aerial photography with drone, you may have to pay attention to the following things:
- Nowadays with the advancement of technology and the attention of developers to drone technology, they have been designed to be capable of carrying 1 high quality camera. With GPS flight control system, they can carry and fly in one fixed location, and can fully control.
- The next thing you need to consider when using drones to photograph or any other purpose, which is to choose a drone capable of carrying a total weight of 1 camera with battery and lens, and a support frame. With these small and light cameras, the use of a 4 motor drone is reasonable. However, with the big camera which provides high image quality, especially DSLR, you will need at least 6 or 10 motor drone will be better.
- For the filming, the most important hardware besides the camera is 2 or 3-axis bracket.Besides keep your shots steady and allows tilting the camera as in type 2 axis, 3-axis bracket system allows the camera to run horizontally. On the drone which landing system can collapse, the camera can be rotated a full 360 degrees without any problems while filming. Attach the camera too strict without shelving will create the video can not be used.
- With photos, even with the idea that anti-vibration system does not matter, but the fact not so and bracket is still necessary things. First, it gives your camera a little ability to control independently from the aircraft, means the camera can lock the focus on one subject and capture the right moments, even in windy conditions induced vibration setting. In addition, the system of optical image stabilization based on the lens, a camera can certainly reduce the shutter speed to a minimum you can use. In daylight it’s probably not the first problem, but in low light conditions, reducing the shutter speed is actually a great thing.
- For control, the aerial photography is increasingly turning to so-called “FPV” to supplement or replace the traditional controller. FPV is that the controller can see the world through the perspective of the camera mounted on a drone.
If you have mastered the skill of using drones and have a good digital camera and also pay attention to the things we have mentioned earlier, here are the results you can achieve. These following beautiful aerial photography are gathered below will hardly be taken back a few years ago, without the help of a drone. You can find many more photos like that on Dronestagram.
A man skiing and his tail.
A camel race competition in Dubai.
A man made nest in Poland.
A field in Xiwei Reservoir, Zhucheng, Shandong, China.
Some tourists with whale sharks.
Maringa, Parana, Brazil.
Turgoyak river, Miass, Russian