Photography is an art or a skill that everyone does not possess. It needs an art that should be practiced over a long period of time and it gets enhanced and reach the perfection gradually. One can get the photography skills with practice and dedication. Consistency in the practice of the photography would help any individual get the skill. But photography in fog, mist, or haze is not that simple or easy as it seems to be. You cannot get the perfection and professionalism in photography when you are doing it in fog, mist or haze. But it gives a beautiful and wonderful effect with the natural mood. The atmosphere with its natural feel and beauty gives you an all new experience with the photography. Beautiful fog pictures can be taken with suitable atmosphere and location. It is a technique that one has to adopt and follow in making the collection of beautiful fog photography.
Fog is nothing but the formation of mist in the atmosphere in the mid evening to late evening and it might last till the next morning or the consecutive day. In this article the techniques are discussed about the photography which can be taken during the fog and the mist. Since the pictures cannot be taken clearly, it is very important to know which location is suitable for photographing during the fog and the mist.
- It is usually formed on the water surface or near that area which is slightly warmer than the surroundings.
- The color and contrast change when the photography is done during fog and mist.
Points to keep in mind during the photography of fog
The scenes of photography during the fog and mist are very dim and they require special techniques. The time may also vary since it is not the similar photography that is taken during the normal times. The camera light must be adjusted and the depth and sharpness should also be adjusted. Mist is usually subtle in nature and they are very beautiful. They need the professionalism and adds the extra magic to the pictures. The scenes and the outcomes of photography during the fog and mist is usually very great and wonderful. While photographing during the fog and the mist one should keep in mind the following points for a better and beautiful picture.
- The contrast and the color during the photography of fog
- The distance and the deepness
- The light effects
The contrast and the color during the fog photography:
The contrast and the color of the landscape and the photos differ completely from the way they really seem to be. One needs to be very much cautious about it and follow some techniques in order to get the beautiful scenes captured in the photos.
- The contrast changes and so does the color of the pictures too.
- The contrast gets reduced and lowered considerably with the fog as the main reason.
The distance and the deepness:
Since it is not a simple and an easy task to capture pictures during the fog and the mist, it is important to keep the sharpness and the deepness of the pictures too. Sometimes it becomes very big and becomes an exaggerated compared from the real one. And sometimes it becomes unnatural, giving it reduced effects.
- It completely depends on the location and the way you photograph it. The camera lens is also responsible for it.
- When you click a picture from your camera, they usually become smaller than its actual size and the sharpness also get reduced due to the distance and the lens.
The light effect:
The natural light is always looked out for during the photography. It is being said that the artificial light or the flash caused by the camera would not give you the effect of the nature and it will not help you get the beauty of the pictures. Therefore the photography must be done only in the natural light and it will give more sharp and beautiful image. You need to plan and keep in mind your vantage point or the point from where you click the picture. That will give you an idea of the light effects on your pictures. They might sometimes become foggy if the lights are not adjusted properly.
- The droplets of water in the fog and the mist scatter more light than it usually has to. This makes the pictures and the photos get streaks of light on the photos and picture.
- The camera can be adjusted with the lens and the light can also be adjusted accordingly. The angle can be changed and with different angles one can get the light effects properly in the pictures.
Therefore, follow the techniques of clicking pictures in the beautiful fog with the beautiful effects by following the above techniques. You can get the professional effects in your pictures easily.