Every book deserves a great cover since a book cover is one of the most important marketing features for your book. People are not likely to download a sample of your book or to buy your book if the cover does not appear enticing to them. You can look out for the help of a professional to come up with some great and effective book cover designs and ideas which are most relevant to the nature of the content inside.
Effective Book Cover Designs and Ideas
Professional Book Cover Designers
After putting all your heart into penning down your thoughts in the form of a narrative in the book, you want a bunch/a crowd of people who would buy it and read what you have to say. This is not going to come true until your book cover appeals to the audience readers. For this what can be a better idea than contacting some of the best professional book cover designers.
- A professional knows the right design to suit your book.
- They can easily create a custom fresh new design to make your book look enticing.
Secrets to Good Book Cover Designs
The book cover that you choose must engage readers in such a way that they are compelled to read in. The front image is going to represent what you have to say. Look for a design that reflects the mood of your book. At the same time it is essential that you leave a bit for imagination and curiosity and don’t reveal the whole literal interpretation. The title should be big and easy to read. Make the title bigger.Check out a smaller thumbnail image of the cover, if it compels or not?
- Don’t use comic fonts such as Comic Sans or Papyrus unless it’s a humor genre book. Also, not more than two fonts on a book cover. Be very choosy with the fonts since a sloppy, unappealing, illegible or just unprofessional font will truly turn your potential reader off in no time.
- Good use of relevant images or characters can help create an image in a reader’s mind about what the characters or the setting look like. For say, a romantic novel can entice readers with a silhouette of a couple looking into each other’s eye.
Don’t Judge a Book by its Cover
If the cover fails to draw their attention, they will end up buying something that appeals more.
- The cover is ideally the first page of your story which speaks a lot about the style and mood of the tale inside.
- A good cover design speaks to the emotions of the reader and engages them to a deeper level. This is a potential way to secure your book’s sales.
High Quality Book Covers
A well designed quality cover assures the reader of a good quality book both in content and delivery. Bad covers with pixilated image or a water marked image will reflect how unprofessional you are and then, the reader might not take the risk to find unprofessional story inside.
- A badly formatted book cover suggests of having an equally sloppy content inside.
- A poorly produced book cover is likely to turn your potential reader into a critical mode. They will tend to make out more mistakes after being irritated from the errors and sloppiness of the cover.
Diversity in Design Principles across the World
The design principles for an ideal, good looking and appealing design cover are not the same worldwide. Thus, the big publishers have set rules for cover designs for different markets. For say, a book cover in UK tend to have much simpler designs with much use of negative space while the covers of US books are much more detailed.
- The US book cover designs comprises of more imagery and speak more.
- The way the titles are presented on the book covers also differ from region to region. Some end up using mystical looking fonts while in some areas the more elegant and simple the text is, the more it is appreciated.