Tilt Shift Photography is the popular form of photography that is also known as trick photography. This type of photography is best suited for travelers. This is sometimes also called as special effect photography. The beauty of these photographs is enhanced by using special effects and faking effects. These types of photographs are best suited for travel magazines and even for podcasts.
What actually is Tilt Photography?
This refers to shifting and tilting of camera lens for achieving the selective focus. This type of photography is generally used to create the miniature version of the images from real life. In this type of photography the focused part of images needs to be crystal clear, but the other parts excluding the image are blurred. This type of photography creates the illusion in people’s mind and the objects behind the focused objects look like toys.
You need to purchase a good camera with special lens and having tilted and shift abilities. Though, you can also fake the images with the help of professional software. This technique had gained popularity with coming up of many software applications. This can produce fake miniature photos that you have taken from the camera of your smart phone directly. You need to install these kinds of applications to your device and then process the images directly in this software.
This will help you out in processing the images with special and blurring effects. You need not spend extra amount in purchasing camera having tilt and shift feature, the free software is enough for you to do too much. Enjoy this special form of tricky photography without having the perfect equipment. But yes the HD quality images can only be achieved using shift and tilt featured camera. Do just go for it. Though it is little expensive but can capture wonders.
Different types of Tilt-Shift Photography
Tilt and shift photography is of different types. Some of the forms of this kind of photography had been discussed below. They are:
- Lomo PhotographyIt is one of the most popular forms of tilt and shift photography. This kind of photography had gained popularity in 80s. This photography was popularized after coming up of Russian LOMO PLC Camera that runs LOMO LC-A camera. This type of photography is one of the hot favorite of different people. This kind of photography is a noticeable vignette with strong contrast and twisted colors.
- HDR Photography
HDR stands for High Dynamic range. This type of photography produces the striking quality images with crystal clear effects. The photos captured are more colorful and look alive. These images captured through this photography are prominent and looks realistic.
- Infrared PhotographyThe lens of your camera needs to be very sensitive to the infrared light. Though, you can also create infrared effect using Photoshop. Photoshop is one of the most remarkable tools to create special effects in your photos, if your camera has not got support for it.
The tilt shift photography is focused to the single part of the photo and shift to produce blurring images. You also need to purchase a tilt shift lens, but they are very expensive. If you really wish to learn this photography then only, you should go for it. Some of the major benefits of tilt and shift photography are:
- This type of photography is capable of is used to capture quality photos with HD resolutions
- This type of photography is more concerned on single object
- It is a special type of photography that can provide special effects like blurring effects to the photographs.
- It also leads to the reduction of digital noise
- There is no risk of damage to the photograph
- It has got external shutter release that is responsible to capture quality photos
How to Create Photos using Tilt & Shift Photography?
If you really wish to create wonders using Tilt and shift photography then you needs to be very conscious about the image to be captured. You need to make use of tilt shift lens in order to create illusion of miniature scenery. The tilt shift lens may be very costly to buy. This is because of their fine quality and capability of creating blur effects. If you do not have budget then you can also make use of Photoshop to provide special effects to the photographs.
You need to capture the photo on above grounds and this is the best technique to capture the best quality image using Tilt & Shift Photography. If you are using Photoshop then you need to select the cylindrical gradient reflecting gradient effect. After editing, go to ‘Standard Mask Mode’ and then blur the photo in selected region. This is one of the finest ways to create blur images.