Paintings are always hidden with deep meanings. There are some paintings too that are meaningful and captures the ecstatic beauty of joy, happiness, and other emotions. These paintings are portrait painting that mostly depicts people or different things. Mostly, the portrait paintings depict portrait of a person or family. It tells about the closeness of family members and defines a true beauty of relation and customs. Some of the famous family portrait paintings are listed below.
Famous Family Portrait Paintings
The Royal Family in 1846
This portrait is of Queen Victoria as matriarch and monarch of the family. This is the painting of Russian Royal family.
- The prince of the Wales is sitting with his three sisters Victoria, Alice, and Helena near the king
- Young prince Alfred is in skirted outfit and is walking towards his sisters in the painting
- Prince Albert is in Court Attire
- It is prepared by Franz Xaver Winterhalter
La Famille Leonard
This painting is made by Hyacinthe Rigaud and depicts the couple, who looks rich and is sitting with a child. It depicts decadence and richness of era.
Goya ‘Charles IV and his Family’, 1800
This painting depicts the best clothing of family of Charles IV of country Spain.
- The painting came into discussions about the placement of Queen in Center
- She is the power behind the throne as depicted in painting
The Royal Family of France in Prison of the Temple in 1792-1851
It is the painting of Queen Marie Antionette and her family in the prison of temple after the revolution in the country.
Modello Painting of Royal Family of Naples and the Two Sicilies
It is the portrait depicting family from the Naples and the two Sicilies. The painting depicts portraits of:
- Maria Amalia
- Prince Franz
- Ferdinand IV
- Maria Karoline
- Maria Christina
- Prince Januarius
- Maria Luisa
- Maria Teresa
King James II
This portrait depicts royal family beautifully and naturally. The colors and the activities in this painting look realistic and natural.
Spanish Royal Family in 1656
This painting is created by Diego Velazquez. But this portrait is unclear in its depiction. The reality of royals and mirror reflections is depicted in the painting.
- Portrait also depicts the little princess attended by the assistants
- There is also a monarch at back in the painting
It depicts the court scene with lots of people, lawyers, and woman with a child. Many people are standing when judge passes statement.
Princess Alice and Family Posthumous Portrait
This portrait is very interesting portrait that depicts her two daughters with her son. It is a controversial painting.
- She had 4 daughters in reality
- The frame depicts her oldest daughter Victoria and the Princess Irene
- Grand Duchess Ella and Tsarina Alexandra are not there in the picture
The Potato Eaters
It is a popular Dutch painting of farmers having their dinner at rustic table the looks on their faces and dark lighting tells the story of its own.
This painting is made by Grant Wood. This painting depicts that people should have house like Gothic house.
- It is one of the most popular paintings of twentieth century
- The models in painting are the sister and dentist of artist