The world is full of beauty. Everything present in this world has some or the other beauty element in it. Even the monuments, sculptures, or statues appear to be beautiful if we compare them to other beautiful things of the world. The statues stand tall and depict the journey of people or may give a hidden message. It is up to you, what you learn from them. Here is the list of most popular statues in the world.
Most Popular Statues in the World
Statue of Liberty
The Statue of Liberty is located at Liberty Island at Manhattan in United States of America. This statue was dedicated people of America by people of France.
- The statue was constructed in 28 October 1886
- It is the icon of freedom and welcomes people coming from abroad
The Great Sphinx of Giza
It is commonly called as Sphinx and is the largest monolith statue of the world. It is the statue of mythical creature having human head and lion’s body.
- The statue stands on banks of Nile river at Giza in Egypt
- It is standing at 73.5m and is 19.3m wide and 20.22m high
- It is the oldest known monument structure
- It is believed that it was constructed by ancient Egyptians in 2558-2532 BC
It is an equestrian statue of Peter the Great situated at Saint Petersburg, Russia. It is created by French Sculptor Maurice Falconet. Its pedestal is Thunder stone weighing 1250 tonnes.
Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Hanuman Swami
This is the statue of Indian God Hanuman situated in Krishna District near to Hyderabad in state of Andhra Pradesh, India.
- It is the largest Indian statue with height of 135 ft
- It is also the largest statue of God Hanuman in the world.
- This statue was constructed in year 2003
This statue sits on the rock at Copenhagen Harbor at Langelinie in Denmark. This is a small size statue.
- Its height is just 1.25m and weighs 175Kgs
- It was designed by Edvard Eriksen in 1913
- The head of this statue had been broken many a times, but had also been restored
It is the statue of Gautama Buddha situated at LingShan Mountain at Jiangsu in China. It is the tenth tallest statue of the world with height of 88 meters and weighs 700 tonnes.
Shiva of Murudeshwara
This Statue of Lord Shiva is situated in banks of Arabian Sea in the town of Murudeshwar, Andhra Pradesh.
- It is the largest Shiva statue in India with height 122 ft and second largest Shiva statue of the world
- You can have a good photo session near this statue and enjoy the temple visit
Peter the Great Statue
This statue is situated in Moscow, Russia and is 96m long in height. It is the eighth tallest statue of the world and was completed in year 1997.
It is the statue of Monolithic human like figures and is constructed by Rapa people from the rock somewhat around 1250 to 1500 AD.
- All the Moai has larger heads that are three eighths to the size of complete statue
- The tallest moai erected is named as Paro and is 10m high weighing around 75 tonnes
- It is situated in Easter Island
- The heaviest moai is little shorter and weighs 86 tonnes
- It has one unfinished sculpture, which if would have finished would be off 21m and 270 tonnes
Qianshou Qianyan Guanyin
This statue is situated at Weushan at Changsha in China. The height of this statue is 99m and is seventh largest in the world. It depicts 32 arms of Guanyin standing on lotus.
It is a small bronze statue on Brussels that depicts the little naked boy, who is urinating to a fountain basin.
- This statue was designed by Hieronymus Duquesnoy, the Elder in 1619
- It is located at junction of Rue du Chene/Eikstraat and Rue da I’Etuve/Stoodstraat
Christ the Redeemer
This is the largest Deco statue of the world and is the 5th largest Statue of Jesus Christ in the world located at Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
- The statue is 30m tall excluding the 8m pedestal
- The arms of Jesus stretch to 28m
- It is located on 700m peak of Corcovado mountain
- It was constructed between 1926-1931
This is the masterpiece statue created around 1501 to 1504 by an Italian artist Michelangelo. The marble statue depicts male standing nude and has a height of 5.17m.
Tian Tan Buddha
It is also called as big Buddha. It is the bronze statue of Buddha Amoghasiddhi that was built in year 1993.
- It is located in Lantau Island at Ngong Ping in Hong Kong
- It symbolizes harmonious relationship and peace
Olmec Colossal Heads
It dates back to Pre Columbian Civilization that existed in lowlands of the south central Mexico.
- It is situated in states of Veracriz and Tabasco in Mexico
- The statue has 17 colossal heads
- The tallest is 3.4m high and shortest is 1.47m high