Despite being a device does not work well when contaminated water, but not so that missing great shots to be taken when it rains. To do that, the rain photography techniques below can be helpful to you:
1. What to shoot when it rains?
Photography is the non limited creative, so you can take whatever you want. And the topic about rain also have a lot, from the rain drop, people rush to go home under the rain to the silences in the park, the reflecting of thing throw puddle … Of course you do not necessarily have to go completely under the rains to have beautiful photos. Instead you can stand from your house window or in the car and shooting through the glass window. Sometimes the light drifting raindrops on glass also create impressive effects. You can also record the scene shortly after the rain in the morning when everything was soaked and the water is present everywhere. As noted above, we can capture everything, so long as you see them beautiful.
2. Rain photography techniques
Usually when the scene is wet due to rain will cause the colors are neutral, bring pale feeling for viewers. At this time, the sun is no longer so photos can be underexposed heavy with unexperienced photographers. But you just need to be confident and noticed a few technique below, the image will become much more amazing than you think:
- Focus adjust: because there are so many drops of water obscure or blur the background , so if you need to capture a photo in such condition, you should set your camera to automatic mode. If you noticed this phenomenon, switch to hand adjusting focus mode to get sharp shots.
- Adjust lighting: similar problems in adjusting focus, auto exposure mode on the camera will operate less accurate. Solutions offering is switch your camera to complete manual mode (Manual – M) to you proactively adjust lighting accordingly.
- Tripod: water droplets or the scene is blurred in the rain was “charming”. But to shoot like that, you need to lower the shutter speed to low. This will entail very blurry image and should have the support of a tripod.
- Use flash: pictures will light up if you know how to coordinate the natural rays from the Sun / street lighting and artificial light from the flash. Key secondary light sources will create an impressive focal point for photos.
- Aperture: Want to capture every drop of rain falls, you should set large aperture (f / 4 or larger) and high speed. However, when you want to create a twinkling light, then closed the gate to the small (f / 10 or smaller) to take advantage of the light reflection effect.
3. Protect your device
Rain photography certainly need a way to protect the device very carefully. Ideally, your machine with water resistant coating or dedicated to a waterproof casing. However, the cost of this equipment is usually very high. Not every amateur photographer can afford that equipment. You can take advantage of everything you can to protect your device like using umbrella, raincoat, towels, … The selection of well-shielded angle is ideal. Always remember that you need to keep your camera as dry as possible and need to dehumidifiers immediately after shooting finished.
4. Some beautiful photos taken in the rain: