Typography is the way to implement attractive and communicative designer ideas. Typography can easily modify the web design and make it more user-friendly and supportive. Designers keep on looking for new ideas and techniques to produce best typography. So, here are 20 useful tools for better web typography for the web designers.
Typewolf identifies the different fonts used in web design. The objective of this tool is to serve the best design keeping good typography in mind and become the best resource for designers.
This is a website developed by Chris Coyier. It provides you standard Latin text embedded in HTML tags. The text is automatically copied to the clipboard on clicking to any text.
This tool is used to contrast the distinction between the two font styles. It supports the fonts from Word Font Library and Google Font Library.
It lets you to compare, flip through, and preview website typography while retrieval from CSS. Several other features of this tool are:
- Browse through different typographic styles
- You can annotate the prototypes
- You can retrieve CSS while coding
- You can compare Apple Font rendering and Windows Clear Type rendering
You can check the web fonts on any site on fly, using this wonderful tool. You just need to enter the URL of the website and preview the font used.
FFFFALLBACK allows the designers to find perfect fallback fonts. It has brought a sparkling era to web design.
This WordPress plugin is the collection of Django template filters. Some of its features are:
- It beautifies the web typography by avoiding ugly quotes
- It provides you with CSS hooks
- Python Script for Django is available here.
- It is a standard complaint and accessible
- It uses pure CSS
- It is a professional font face solution
It is an online app, which allows you to check various typefaces. You are provides with 3 columns of text. You can modify the typography in your own way.
This tool is used as:
- Visual and semantic design creator
- You can also check the readability and beauty of your design and share it.
Facelift Image Replacement animatedly generates the image representation from text on a web page. This type of generation may take place in fonts that are not available to the visitor. FLIR is a simple image replacement script. Some more features of FLIR are:
- Visible to modern browsers
- It is SEO Friendly
It is a book market for typography passionate web designers. Some of the quality features of this tool are:
- Enables the quick checking of font styles and fonts without editing the code, directly in the browser.
- It is the ideal companion to create CSS
Every piece of content on a website does not have same weight. You can use this tool to emphasize on particular word or sentence in the content, so that the message is clearly interpreted by the readers. You can create the contrast in your content by changing:
This is one of the most terrific ways to embed real fonts on your website. Some of its great features are:
- You can add line of code to your pages.
- You can choose from hundreds of fonts.
It is used to detect the services used to serve the font. It also supports Google Font Library and Typekit. You can also get the font information on the text you are hovering on.
This is the solution for original sIFR package. One of the major benefits of this tool is that it is very small in size, just 3.7Kb. It can auto detect text element color and is object oriented. It does not make use of target elements or CSS selectors by tag class and name.
Some of the top class features of this tool are:
- It is used to view the font combinations quickly
- It attempts to recreate the web
It is used to make your website light by inserting the grid. It is specially designed for heavy websites. The font weight can be reduced significantly using this gird.